2008/12/7 James Homuth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Ran a pretend update on one of my boxes, and this was spit back:
>

> Calculating world dependencies /!!! Digest verification failed:
>
> !!! /usr/portage/net-firewall/iptables/iptables-1.4.0-r1.ebuild
>
> !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
>
> !!! Got: 6287
>
> !!! Expected: 6235
> ..
> . done!
>

> This only comes up on one of my boxes, both running Gentoo with exact same
> portage configuration. Random guessing, but is this something that would be
> fixed in the next sync? If no, then... What just broke?

Hi,
if you want a quick solution you can check the ebuild to verify that
it actually does what it's supposed to do and then run
$ ebuild /usr/portage/net-firewall/iptables/iptables-1.4.0-r1.ebuild digest
after this the emerge will go ahead normally.
Or maybe something went wrong in your last sync and rerunning emerge
--sync will solve the problem.