On Monday 08 December 2008, KH wrote:
> Andrey Falko schrieb:
> > On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi All,
> >
> >     Is there a way to capture a flash video like the one shown in this
> >     link?
> >
> >     http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/05/60minutes/main4650223.shtml
> >
> >     or this?
> >
> >     http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4653109n
> >
> >     Unlike e.g. youtube I don't find a Flash file in my /tmp.  The
> >     idea is that I
> >     want to be able to save the video on my drive so that I can watch
> >     it when I
> >     am offline.  Any applications/tricks/ideas?
> >

> > [snip]
> >
> > 2) If you want to watch youtube videos offline, just use this web tool
> > or use google to find a million alternatives: keepvid.com
> > <http://keepvid.com>.
>
> Hi
> sometimes [1] is helpfull (it isn't for cbsnews).
>
> Even tho he did not ask for it, there is a program in portage calles
> youtube-dl [2] as well as others I never tried [3].
>
> kh
>

> [1]: http://viloader.net/index.php?language=en
>
> [2]: http://gentoo-portage.com/net-misc/youtube-dl
>
> [3]: http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=youtube

It seems to be that the SWF file design is such that unlike flv files (e.g. as
served by youtube) which can be captured/save directly from browser/tmp
cache, the SWF stream has to be unpacked first.  This is necessary to
discover the URL that the video file is being served from.  Furthermore,
there may well be cookie style session id issues so that capturing content
from the stream/server requires programming abilities (I have none).

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashmediaserver/articles/digital_media_protection.html
--
Regards,
Mick