Florian Philipp schrieb:
Hi list!

I have a minor problem:

I recently bought a Microsoft Presenter Mouse (I know, shame on me, but
it's the only affordable device with this kind of functionality).

So far, it works as expected:
- it works out of the box with the Microsoft dongle
- it works with my normal bluetooth adapter with some fine tuning (see
below)
- its special keys will need some additional configuration

However, there is one problem: It only works with deactivated
authentication and encryption. This is no problem by itself: You can
activate and deactivate these options in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf on a
per-device basis but for some reason this doesn't seem to work:

[...]

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
[...]
        auth enable;
        encrypt enable;
}

device 00:1D:D8:35:C4:39 {
        name “Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000”;
        auth disable;
        encrypt disable;
}

When I use this configuration I'm asked for a PIN for the connection,
which - naturally - doesn't work. When I disable auth and encrypt for
all devices, it works.

Have I misunderstood the syntax for this file?

Thanks in advance!

Florian Philipp

This thread is cold as ice but in case someone stumbles upon it: The solution is to put device-specific settings above the default other settings in your config file.