On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm looking around for up to date instructions/wikis/howtos on how
> to set up Samba on my CUPS server to allow me to print from Windows.

I'm also interested in this; I tried it a while back (from both
directions; printer hosted on linux and printer hosted on windows) and
eventually gave up. The printer works fine locally on both machines.
It's not a network printer (no print server) but just a plain old
shared-on-the-netowork-while-attached-to-a-workstation printer. I'm
not a CUPS or Samba expert at all so don't take my lack of success as
to big of a discouragement. :)

I'll be watching this thread closely and perhaps trying along with
you, but for now I have nothing useful to add.

Thanks,
Paul