Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> [...]
>> The reason is that KDE4 is a new product and has nothing to do with
>> KDE3 other than the name.  And another reason is the problem I'm
>> describing in this very thread which should have not been a problem
>> if KDE4 had its own tree.  Now I'm required to have
>> non-straightforward voodoo performed to get things right just because
>> the devs made a wrong decision.
>
> Another problem, this time not technical.  I just don't want many of
> those packages in my world file.  I want to use depclean and have
> those packages removed when the package that depends on them is also
> removed.  The depclean feature just got useless for those packages.
>
> Anyone still thinks it was a good idea to have KDE4 use the same tree
> with KDE3?  This is was clearly a wrong decision.
>
> Workarounds are welcome.

If you want to talk to the people that made that decision, the mailing
list is gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org and you subscribe by sending a
email to gentoo-user+subscr...@gentoo.org and confirming the reply as
you did to this list.  I would recommend you be very clear as to why
they made a wrong decision and get it right on the first try.

Good luck with that.  Better have your ducks in a row.  Since I'm
subscribed there, I get to watch.  o_O

Dale

:-)  :-)