2008/12/26 Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com>:
> Sorry to say but I'm back.  I set up that filter and checked the spam
> bucket on webmail today.  It had over 800 messages and some of them are
> not spam.

This is not an answer to your question below but I wanted to mention a
few things that might help you (if you decide to stick with Gmail a
bit longer).

When you see spam in your inbox do you use "Report spam"? When you see
valid email in your spam do you use "Not spam"? I found it learns very
quickly what I consider spam and what not. I also tend to go through
the spam folder whenever there's 10 or more messages there. That makes
it easy and fast and 99% of the time it's a simple select "All" +
"Delete forever". If you wait until there's 800 mails there you're
bound to make mistakes and it's a big job to clean it all up.

>  Does anybody know of a way to disable this stupid thing?  I'm
> about to switch email addresses if I can't do something with this
> thing.  If you have no ideas on how to disable, what are some free email
> servers that allow pop access?

No idea.

> I always liked Google but this sort of pisses me off.  No wonder people
> say they sent me a card or something and I never got it.  They are in
> the spam bucket.  Thought about marking them ALL as "not spam" and just
> screwing their spam filter right up.  Sort of a get even thing there.  :-@

Well, Don Quixote, I hope you'll forgive me for putting my money on
Google anyway. ;-) :-P If you do decide to take on Google
single-handedly ... keep a blog please, it should make for hilarious
reading. ;-) :-)

Cheers,
Hilco