On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:53:22 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> > What I do when I want only one or two packages from an overlay is to
> > add that overlay with layman, but do not add it to make.conf. Then I
> > symlink the package directories I do want from the layman overlay
> > into my local overlay.
> >
> > That way the overlay is kept up to date by layman, but only the
> > packages I choose to link to are actually available.
>
> Hmm.  So you add every overlay by hand in make.conf?  I only have this:
>
>    source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf

No, as stated above, I do not add the overlay to make.conf. That way I
avoid all of its packages being added. I don't source the layman
make.conf, preferring to add overlays to make.conf only when I want the
whole thing.

--
Neil Bothwick

"You know how dumb the average person is? Well, statistically, half of
them are even dumber than that" - Lewton, P.I.