Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> BTW, is evdev usable already? Some time ago I have tried it, but have not
> found (or didn't understand) alternatives for
>
> Option "Sensitivity" "0.25"
>
> for mouse, and
>
> Option  "XkbLayout"     "us,ru(winkeys)"
> Option  "XkbOptions"    "grp:menu_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
>
> for keyboard. The only way to make x11 work properly was to unmerge evdev at
> all and use "old way" approach.

I believe you have to continue to use "the old way" for specifying
special options.

One thing that has been an issue recently is Xorg by default marking
AllowEmptyInput as true, which leaves this gem in the Xorg log:

(WW) AllowEmptyInput is on, devices using drivers 'kbd' or 'mouse' will
be disabled.
(WW) Disabling Mouse0
(WW) Disabling Keyboard0

If you do not have evdev and this is enabled, your mouse and keyboard
are disabled. Adding the following to the ServerLayout section should
fix this:
        Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"

To the OP, glad your Xorg is working now. In the future I suggest you
look for and post relevant sections of your Xorg log file, as that is
most likely where the issue will be viewable.