>> Thanks Paul.  I've been using model=acer and I just tried a couple
>> others, some worked some didn't.  I also tried removing and replacing
>> my second USB sound card definition.  The strange thing is I've come
>> back to my original config and it's working now.  Could another file
>> have gotten out of order and my playing with the settings got it back
>> together?
> I'm glad you could make it. Can you send the relevant configuration files?

Sure, here it is, but this config was also not working.  I tried
model=alsa-aspire, model=auto, and I removed the second sound card
definition.  I eventually brought it back to the way it originally was
and now it's working.  Weird.

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel