Hi,

I normally do "emerge -uDvN @world" (or in other words "emerge
--update --deep --verbose --newuse @world"). Right now, it tells me
this:

Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB

I also --depclean on a regular basis to remove any unneeded packages.
Right now, it tells me this:

No packages selected for removal by depclean

Based on those two commands, I'm led to believe I have a fully updated
system. So, then, I am curious why when I do "emerge -e @world" it
tells me this:

Total: 1432 packages (9 upgrades, 2 downgrades, 14 new, 1407
reinstalls, 1 interactive), Size of downloads: 76,235 kB

How is that possible? Where do those upgrades, downgrades and new
packages come from? What is missing from my traditional "-uDvN"
command that is causing me to miss some of those updates?

Thanks,
Paul