Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:32:15 +0000, Matt Harrison wrote:

I can't see how I could have properly killed some hardware just by moving a cable an inch to one side.

Did you touch a grounded object before putting your hand inside the case.
A static discharge could kill the motherboard.

Thanks for the reply,

Ashamed to say no I didn't consciously do that, however the only thing I touched inside the case was insulated cables. If i had zapped it, would it even get as far as it does? I know zapping it can be unpredictable, but up to a point, it works perfectly if you see what I mean.

Matt