Am Thursday 15 January 2009 10:43:52 schrieb Xav':
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:58:53 +0100, Xav' <x...@linuxant.fr> wrote:
> >   I've setted up a Xen server with kernel 2.6.18-r12 with 2 SATAII disks
> > of 750Go and with the following partitions scheme :
> > dom0 ~ # sfdisk -l
> > After that bugs, there is many Input/Output errors in the guest, and so
> > broke his gentoo installation so make me impossible to read the guest
> > system logs. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this server
> > actually host my primary DNS server and so i can't reinstall it from
> > scratch.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance.
>
> No one can help me ? I've already seeked on google for this problem, but
> this bug seemes to exists from 2003 and for kernel 2.4 or earlier 2.6.0 ...
> So any idea please ??

No, not really. We're not seeing specifically what you're seeing, but the
I/O-error happening in the guest when the guest runs XFS and you do something
to the guest in the Dom0 (I presume Soft-RAID counts as "doing something") is
just the same (in our case, the I/O errors start happening more or less
immediately when you snapshot the DomU in the Dom0 using standard LVM2
snapshots).

The only workaround I've found so far is to not use XFS for 2.6.18-based Xen
installations (2.6.20 does not seem to have this problem, but those are
hard-masked because of not being maintained, and are for an older version of
the hypervisor), and to use Ext3 on those systems.

To get your data back, simply stop the guest (xm destroy), and mount the
partition externally (mounting it in the Dom0 should work fine). Before you
mount it, make sure you've run xfs_repair to correct any inconsistencies in
the filesystem. After that, reformat the guests harddisk/partition with ext3,
and replay the files.

HTH!

--
Heiko Wundram
Gehrkens.IT GmbH

FON 0511-59027953 | http://www.gehrkens.it
FAX 0511-59027957 | http://www.xencon.net

Gehrkens.IT GmbH
Strasse der Nationen 5
30539 Hannover

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 200551
Geschäftsführer: Harald Gehrkens, Daniel Netzer