I'm sorry about the delay in closing this. I finally figured out if I remove
"-pipe" from my /etc/make.conf CFLAGS that all my compile errors go away.
Looking at the reference on the subject this option tells GCC not to create
temporary files when compiling but to turn this off if low on RAM. Not sure
why this happens as I have a 1GB Ram. Maybe this is not enough these days.
Anyway problem solved.

Regards, Richard

===
Try to find out why this strange configure command line is being
called (take a look at the ebuild)

Also, there are other logs you can post. I don't remember exactly the
names, but I think there are multiple configure log files like
configure.log and configure.error (or something like that) that says
exactly why did configure concluded that a certain feature is missing.
The log you provided does not say why configure concluded there is no
pygtk, but configure usually *does* explain this (is specific log
files. Do a little search).

Regards,
    Jorge Peixoto

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free - Linus Torvalds