On Sunday 18 January 2009 18:02:10 Grant Edwards wrote:
> I just build firefox and noticed the following warning in the
> ebuild output, and I'm a bit baffled by the grammar:
>
>      All the packages built against mozilla-firefox won't
>      compile, if after installing firefox 3.0 you get some
>      blockers, please add 'xulrunner' to your USE-flags.
>
> Does anybody have idea what the above sentence is trying to say?

It's saying that if you use firefox -3*, then you should remove "firefox" from
your USE and add "xulrunner" instead. This way, nothing in the tree will try
to pull in firefox-2* (which obviously conflicts with firefox-3*).

There have been 4 earlier threads on this very topic in the last fortnight.
For more details, please check the recent archives (rehashing the same thing
over and over is getting really tedious)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com