On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 08:39:58PM -0200, Penguin Lover Fernando Antunes
squawked:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Fernando Antunes <fs.antu...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > I looking for a way to see/monitor messages sent to the tty when a running
> > X programs.
> > I tryed xconsole, but it only works with /dev/console. Does anybody knows
> > such a program ?
> >

> Sorry if my poor english vocabulary didn't help you to understand me.
>
> I'd like to see the output text sent by the graphicals programs to the tty1
> when a running in X. Nowaday I using CTRL+ALT+F1 to see them.
>
> I figure out if is there a program that capture and show them in X a window.

Oh, if that is what you want, try to start your X with

  xinit 2>&1 | tee TEMPFILE

and in X open up a terminal and do

  tail -f TEMPFILE

it *should* work.

HTH,

I went to the Missing Persons Bureau.  No one was there.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 772 days, 16:37