Hey guys,

I've been using gentoo on my desktop for several months now. I works
great. It cut five minutes off my build time when I build our product
tree. It went from 20 to 15 minutes.

I setup our email server using Debian. Its been solid as a rock and very
low maintenance. However, it provides an antiquated environment.

I'm looking at using gentoo for the email so I'll have an up-to-date
system. Peformance is fine on the Debian system, but hey, faster is
always better.

I was hoping you guys could give me warm fuzzies about stability and
maintenance with gentoo when it comes to a production server.

What about major upgrades? If I keep the system updated regularly, is a
major upgrade necessary?

Thanks!
Tom