On 1/29/09, Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Gentoo router's wireless network is encrypted via WPA and doesn't
>  DHCP.  I'd like to take this a step further in case my WPA key gets
>  hacked.  Can I issue only certain IPs to certain MAC addresses?
>
>  Does WPA2 require hardware support?
>

>  - Grant

What you're looking for is called 'MAC address filtering' and I
imagine it is very doable.  Having never done it before myself (with a
Gentoo router) the best I can do is point you at Google and wish you
the best of luck.

It's been a little while since I worried about my WPA2 wireless
getting hacked.  Apparently, a vulnerability in TKIP was recently
discovered that made WPA2 networks using that encryption less secure.
It would still take a lot of doing on the attacking party's end to do
it though.  Have you considered setting up WPA2 Enterprise, with the
RADIUS server and whatnot?