090203 Robin Atwood wrote:
> I have a completely current 3.5.10 system running, so I thought
> I would get a situation where I could choose which system to login to.
> I get my original KDM 3.5 login screen and no new options
> and when I login I do get my original desktop environment,
> albeit with corrupt konqueror tool bars.
> Any ideas how to enable KDM 4.2 and get the new desktop?

The simple way is to boot into a raw console,
then 'startx' with your choice of  ~/.xinitrc .
I would never use a GUI login, it's just another thing to trip you up.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca