Me as root user of a server wish to share the control privilege (to
start and stop) a daemon with another non-root user and find it
difficult. The requirement: 1) either me or him can start the daemon
then stop it; 2) he can stop the daemon started by me; 3) I can stop the
daemon started by him.

3) is very easy because I am root; 1) is also easy, difficult part is 2).

I first thought of setting the process suid and make him owner of the
executable. However I found if I do so, the process starts with his
privilege while belonging to me, he could not signal the processes of mine.

Is the requirement 2 possible with Linux? How?

If the problem can be solved giving the setting two users both are not
root, the solution would be even more preferable.

Thanks in advance!

--
Real Softservice

Huateng Tower, Unit 1788