On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 00:15 +0000, amar.co...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I have this weird issue with Gnome and diferent file types. For ex. if
> I double click on .avi file it try's to open it with document viewer
> (gedit i guess). And If I go right click>properties>open with> then
> chose Movie player.. then it opens .avi in Totem. But thing is after
> that it will try to open every file type in Totem ie. .txt .zip .. Its
> like it doesnt recognize and assign right aplication to file type. Any
> sugestions on this?

I've never seen this before. Something is really messed up.  BTW
"Document Viewer" is usually Evince.

Well you didn't specify what version of GNOME you are using.  Perhaps
your
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list,
/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache or /usr/share/application-registry is
hosed.

-a