On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is there a way to do this with emerge or eix that matches the name exactly?
>
> # eix -e R
> * dev-lang/R
>     Available versions:  2.7.1 2.7.2 (~)2.8.1 {X bash-completion cairo debug
> doc java jpeg lapack minimal nls png readline tk}
>     Homepage:            http://www.r-project.org/
> and graphics
>

> However, eix is normally case-insensitive. When used with -e (exact match) it
> is case sensitive. Trawling through the enormous eix man page looking or the
> case insensitive exact match is left as an exercise for the reader.
>
> --
> alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Yeah, took me a little while.

I have R installed and it's interesting to play with. It's a misnomer
to call it a language though. It's really a complete environment that
draws charts, graphs, applies coloration, interesting stuff. I may end
up using RapidMiner - also Open Source but I think it's not in portage
- as it's more of a GUI environment vs R which is sort of command line
driven.

- Mark