On Friday 20 February 2009 18:01:22 James wrote:
> I'd like to learn how other folks are performing Gentoo installations
> these days. I just used a 2007 minimal cd without incidence, but
> that seems to fading as a viable offering. I never had any luck
> with 2008* cds.

I use any old LiveCD I have lying around that supports enough of the hardware
ont he machine to be able to boot and see the disks and NIC.

I find Ubuntu works like a charm.

Yes, you heard me right - I recommend one uses Ubuntu to install Gentoo :-)

Let's face it, Ubuntu does a very good job of making LiveCDs that JustWork,
and this is not an area where gentoo has ever had any real focus.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com