-----Original Message-----
From: William Hubbs [mailto:willi...@gentoo.org]
Sent: February 21, 2009 2:21 PM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Installer and Handbook (Was: Re:
Gentoo'sadvantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?)

 Are you on the gentoo-accessibility mailing list?  You might want to
subscribe there.  There are a couple of things that still need to  happen
(like getting espeakup and speakup to go stable) before we can  get them put
on the live cd, but that is being worked on.

I am, yes. Though admittedly not for very long.

 For now, the last live cd with speakup on it was 2007.0, so you have to
install from that cd.

 Can you run speakup etc with software speech off the 2007.0 CD?

For now, it is possible with the 2008.0 live cd to install over an ssh
connection if you can get to the box that way.

I was thinking of possibly doing that, too. Hopefully it'll play nice with
the box's hardware (it's a 5-year-old HP laptop).