On Wednesday 25 Feb 2009, Saphirus Sage wrote:
> Robin Atwood wrote:
> > I have just upgraded my laptop to kernel 2.2.28-r2 and have enabled the
> > ath5k drivers for its Aetheros PC wireless card. Using the scripts to
> > activate net.wlan0 works fine and the wicd client can see the interface
> > correctly. But when I try to activate wlan0 with wicd it repeatedly
> > fails. I still have madwifi selected as the wpa-supplicant driver. Are
> > there any hints on tuning this, I can't find any by searching?
> >
> > TIA
> > -Robin
>
> I've actually always had trouble with the ath5k driver, but it seems to
> come in spells where several restarts will get around the problem. Check
> what dmesg has to say.

Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: authenticate with AP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell
disabled$
Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: authenticated
Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: associate with AP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: mismatch in privacy configuration and mixed-cell
disab$
Feb 25 21:51:02 agate wlan0: privacy configuration mismatch and mixed-cell
disabled$

You get quite a few hits on this but no explanations. It's not the WEP
password, that is correct.

HTH
-Robin
Robin Atwood.