On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Chris Lieb <chris.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get screen set up and am running into some issues getting
> it to display titles like I want.  When I'm not running screen, commands
> like emerge change the title of the console I'm currently in (like
> Konsole or PuTTY (win)).  When I start up screen, all I get is the name
> of the host that I am ssh'd into.  I am testing only with PuTTY right
> now since I don't have access to a Linux box with X on it right now.

I use PuTTY and screen and window titles are shown in the screens
during emerging, etc... I don't think I've had to do anything to
accomplish this, I'm just using the default /etc/screenrc

I did find a great status-bar that shows open screens (gentoo weekly
newsletter? or maybe on this list... don't remember):

caption always "%{= kw}%-w%{= BW}%n %t%{-}%+w %-= @%H - %LD %d %LM - %c"

As far as the syntax of the hardstatus I think it may be usual termcap syntax.