On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 09:15:54PM +0100, Penguin Lover Damian squawked:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to play an ogg file, mpd says it is playing it, but there
> is no sound.
>
> Mps has been built with the following use flags:
>      Use flags:               (aac) (alsa) (-ao) (-audiofile) (-avahi)
> (flac) (-icecast) (iconv) (ipv6) (-jack) (-libsamplerate) (-mikmod)
> (mp3) (-musepack) (ogg) (-oss) (-pulseaudio) (unicode) (vorbis)

The use flags look alright,  I think, the only differences are:
-ipv6 +mikmod +musepack on my desktop. But yet I have a lot more
support codecs then you do:

[09:13 AM]wwong ~ $ mpd --version
mpd (MPD: Music Player Daemon) 0.13.2

Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Warren Dukes <warren.du...@gmail.com>
warranty; not even MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Supported formats:
mp3 mp2 ogg oga ogg flac wav au aiff aif m4a mp4 mpc amf dsm far gdm imf it med
mod mtm s3m stm stx ult uni xm

Supported outputs:
alsa

I am not quite sure whether some sort of auto-detection at build-time
gives me those formats. Hum, along that line, you can try the 0.14.2
version as suggested by the devs. At the very least you get more
configuration options.

Herry Edsel Smith of Albany, NY:
Born 1903- Died 1942
Looked up the elevator shaft
to see if the car was on the
way down. It was.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 829 days, 11:57