> > > Why wast your time with floppies?  Boot from a USB stick that has
> > > plenty of storage on it for kernels and drivers.
> >
> > Bios doesn't support it :(
> >

> So was this machine manufactured 10 years ago or are you *that* good
> in choosing crappy hardware?

I regular y excel in choosing crappy hardware :-;

However, the board does date back to 2004, don't know when it was first
released though.

The bord/bios is actually supposed to boot off sata, just for that to
work I need to set the controller to non-raid mode in the bios.
Doing that upsets my WinXP install, which is also a non-option.

So basically I'm stuck with the 'via floppy' method, which is nice,
reminds me of the 'good old times' ;)

Tom