Alan McKinnon wrote:

From any menu in make menuconfig, you can type '/' and enter a search string. Menuconfig will list all instances where it finds that string in item headings. coretemp is there.

Thanks for this search info. CORETEMP is there under the search but the enabling option is apparently not there; or I don't know how to make it appear. It looks like I am missing the option

Intel Core (2) Duo/Solo temperature sensor

in the Hardware Monitoring Support.

smartbatt is found at CONFIG_ACPI_SBS, you can search for that string

I've had that enabled to be compiled into the kernel. I will change to M and check whether the module is created.

Thanks,

--
Valmor