Alan McKinnon schrieb am 31.03.2009 21:37:
> If I have identically named packages with the *same* version number in the
> portage tree and in an overlay, how do I mask the overlay version without
> deleting the overlay?
>
> I have kde-testing enabled to get koffice:2, but some packages conflict with
> portage, like kscreensaver:
>
> [I] kde-base/kscreensaver
>      Available versions:
>         (3.5)   3.5.9 (~)3.5.10
>         (4.2)   (~)4.2.1 (~)4.2.1[1] [M](~)4.2.2[1]
>
> This one isn't too bad, but recently kdelibs did this and mixing overlay with
> KDE is never a good idea. I can fiddle with PORTDIR_OVERLAY and
> local/layman/make.conf but layman tends to undo my changes.
>
> So how can I mask just a specific ebuild from a specific overlay?

This is not possible with current portage. I think with paludis you can
mask packages based on repositories, don't know about pkgcore though.

You should be able to work around this by doing something like this in
/etc/make.conf

PORTDIR="/your/port/dir"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/your/overlays $PORTDIR"

This way portage prefers the the packages from the portage tree over
packages with equal versions in overlays.

--
Daniel Pielmeier