On 00:24 Sun 05 Apr, gigli wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wonder if there is any easy firewall for gentoo. I tried ubuntu for a
> while and used their ufw, which was very simple.
>
> My needs:
>
> Block incoming traffic except for sshd and https (and sometimes
> bittorrent) and allow my lan to connect to my samba share, mythtv and
> mysql when i use openvpn or allways, which would be easyist. My box is
> usually protected by pfsense.
>
> I have a hard time to understand iptables and i have tried guarddog and
> kmyfirewall and others, didn't really like them. Something like ufw
> would be nice.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Something I did was setup a virtual machine and did all my trial and
error there. It keeps you from messing up your machine, and you can test
everything out at your lesure.

As for software, you could look into Shorewall and see if that works for you.

--
I'm not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly