On 4/7/09, Joseph <syscon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I boot from CD, chroot and tried to recompile the gcc but it has been
> compiling for over two hours and it can not finish, I think it is in some
> kind of  loop mode?

That "loop" is the multilib profile you're probably using, which will
compile you both 64-bit and 32-bit version of gcc?

You also stated in an earlier email that your system has an Athlon
3000+ processor. As a comparison, here with an Athlon 3500+ and 3GB of
RAM the gcc:4.3 compilation takes around two hours if the ccache is
empty and an hour and 20 minutes if it hits mostly the cache, so the
duration doesn't appear surprising for a first compilation (varying by
the USE flags, naturally).

--
Arttu V.