> Was quite easy using "unetbootin", it's in the portage
> tree.
> There is also a MS Windows version of this tool.
> "emerge -va unetbootin"

Thanks Joost,

I did an emerge -pv unetbootin earlier but there were lots of blocks and masks
plus it wants >100M downloads and I only get 2k from dialup here.

Didn't realize there was a Windows version. Better not wipe XP yet!

So I got this:

http://launchpad.net/unetbootin/trunk/276.exe/+download/unetbootin-eeeubuntu-windows-276.exe

(3.5M)and pointed it at the iso. Did the deed and rebooted. Now it's telling me:

Invalid or corrupt kernel image.

So I guess it's back to the Wifi Cafe to dawdle over my coffee for an hour
while I download another. Better run the checksum this time -- if Xandros has
the tool!

mw

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca