On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:19:03 -0400, Saphirus Sage wrote:

Please trim your quotes.

> I saw that, I just found it very odd that you don't keep the initramrd
> and kernel image in /boot. Therefore, I was wondering if your issue
> was having not properly configured genkernel. I've never seen anyone
> run a system without /boot, so, is there a chance that's where the
> missing kernel image and initrd are?

The GRUB config posted shows the kernel as being loaded from the root of
(hd0,0) while real_root is /dev/sda3, which looks like a standard setup of

sda1 - boot
sda2 - swap
sda3 - root

It looks to me like the drivers for the disk controller are missing. To
the OP, how did you create the configuration for the new kernel? If you
copied over the .config from the working kernel and ran make oldconfig,
you should have the same drivers included.

--
Neil Bothwick

Too many clicks spoil the browse.