Since some time (I think since firefox 3), when I launch firefox using
the button in kde's menu, I get two "Mozilla firefox" references in the
task bar, one of which with the turning hourglass. Then, the main window
of firefox appears. The bouncing firefox icon continues to be near the
pointer arrow. After say 10 or 15 seconds, the bouncing icon and the
taskbar reference with the turning hourglass disappear, and I'm left
with only one (as should be in the first place imho). The aplication
associated with the kde menu button is "/usr/bin/firefox %U" (I tried
removing the %U, no difference).
If I run /usr/bin/firefox from the command line, everything is fine (ie,
a single reference in the task bar).

Anyone else has seen this? Kde version 3.5.9.
Not a big problem, but I'm just curious.