On 25/04/09 Michael P. Soulier said:

> So, luatex and xpdf require poppler 0.10.4, but app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1 is
> already installed. I guess xpdf and luatex can't handle the newer poppler
> version for some reason? It's actually trying to downgrade poppler and
> poppler-bindings for some reason.

Furthermore it looks like

app-text/poppler-bindings and app-text/poppler aren't needed by anything right
now.

msoul...@anton:~$ emerge --pretend --depclean --verbose app-text/poppler

Calculating dependencies... done!
  app-text/poppler-0.10.5-r1 pulled in by:
    app-text/poppler-bindings-0.10.5-r1

msoul...@anton:~$ emerge --pretend --depclean --verbose
app-text/poppler-bindings

Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

 app-text/poppler-bindings
    selected: 0.10.5-r1
   protected: none
     omitted: none

app-text/poppler-bindings needs app-text/poppler but nothing needs
app-text/poppler-bindings, so maybe it's a leftover...

My apps actually want a previous version instead.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoul...@digitaltorque.ca>
--Albert Einstein