I have a well-running AMD64 system running on a 250G disk that is beginning to
show some SMART errors.  I have purchased and partitioned two 1T disks into
RAID10 arrays and would like to move everything to the new arrays, make them
bootable and abandon booting from the 250G disk.

I know I'll need to change /boot/grub/grub.conf, /etc/fstab and any other
files that refer to my current drive partitions, /dev/sda{1,2,3,4}. I am
concerned whether my current kernel will recognize the /dev/md{1,2,3,4}
arrays on booting, and before switching from the initrd root disk.  How can I
check the parameters and contents of the initrd I'm currently using and/or
generate a new one to permit booting from the RAID disks?
--
Jim