Nitin Kanaskar wrote:
Ok - I am not clear about the terminology -
packages, versions...
But i need to install gentoo 2004/2005 - if this
is right. I am a graduate student doing research on
vulnerabilities, exploits and IDS. Hence I am looking
for older gentoo installations which i know have
some vulnerabilities.
If i have to build whole OS from source, I am willing
to do that - but could not find any resource on that
old stuff.

Hope I am clear about why I am looking for
such old stuff.

That's not really feasible. You should look into older versions of something like Debian, Fedora, (open)SUSE or something else instead.