Alan,

Thanks for the response. :)

I've thought about doing something similar to this, but it's a last
resort. I end up using mutt on various different workstations and it'd
be nice to run everything "locally". Obviously a solution where I'm
fetching mail on every machine where I'm using mutt doesn't scale very
well.

It's certainly an alternative, however, if I can't find anything else
that works.

-j