Hi group,

Using xubuntu on a usb stick to install gentoo on a eeepc, 4g, 900A. I've
gotten as far as kernel config(Quick-install Guide -> Kernel Configuration) but
when I try to emerge gentoo-sources portage can't resolve any of the addresses
and the process fails.

Does it have something to do with the previous section, "Set your host name and
domain name"? I followed the model given:

hosts: 127.0.0.1 eeebox.at.eeeplace eeebox localhost

hostname: HOSTNAME="eeebox"

BTW, it took 22mins for the portage snapshot to be unpacked, is that similar to
anybody else's experience?

BTW2, I'm using dialup via a serial/usb cable to complete the job at home,
whereas the stage3-i686-20090422 and portage-20090502 were downloaded over
wireless at the Wifi-Cafe. Don't tell me the numbers must match exactly!

mw

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/