On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 12:30 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I'm wondering how to interpret the custom-optimization use flag which
> has become much more common in the recent weeks/months.
>
> I mean, I understand the basic concept: it either uses the cflags from
> my make.conf or its own set. But what exactly does the dev want to tell
> me when she uses this flag and sets it to default off?

[...]

I'm not sure how you mean "much more common" as of the over 700 packages
I have installed only 1 offers that flag, but...

The package is sensitive to CFLAGS.  There is a set of flags that the
devs will support.  For convenience, they have given you the option of
choosing your own, but if you do then you're on your own :)

-a