Paul Hartman skrev:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Valmor de Almeida
<val.gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

After an update to xorg-1.5.3 (with hal), following the gentoo xorg 1.5
update guide doc, I get warnings when launching a simple xterm. Also
when trying to change the font size (ctrl+left_mouse_button) I get
additional warnings and no font change. Do I need to emerge font packages?
Maybe re-emerge the fonts that you have installed.

And specifically make sure that media-fonts/font-misc-misc is not
having problems.

I had the same problem with fonts in xterm. I had the errors:
  Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
  xterm: cannot load font 7x14

The solution for me was to emerge the media-fonts/font-misc-misc package.

It seems that xorg-server-1.5.3 doesn't depend on this, unlike older
xorg-server versions. The fonts dependencies has moved to the newer x11-base/xorg-x11-7.4 package.

/Mats Persson