Hi,

I recently bought a MSI GM-IM45 [1] mainboard which includes a (hardware)
watchdog timer. Now the problem is that I don't know how to prevent it from
resetting the system. There seem to be two possible ways but I'm unable to
make either one of them work...

1. There is a BIOS setting to enable/disable the watchdog: When I set it to a
specific time it resets after the set interval, but when I disable the watchdog
the reset still occurs (I don't know the exact interval yet and I'm unsure if
it stays the same). So no luck here.

2. Feed the dog: I don't know what kind of watchdog it is so I don't know
which driver I should use. I tried a live CD where I modprobed each of the
watchdog driver modules (one at a time) and then wanted to prevent it from
resetting with a looped "echo 1 > /dev/watchdog" with no success.

There is some information on the watchdog timer in the user manual [2] on page
64 f. including some assembler code. But I'm not able to get something useful
out of it.

Any clue on this would be very appreciated, especially:
- Why the BIOS setting won't work as expected
- How to find out which watchdog chip it is
- If the "echo 1" should work when I've found the right driver

regards
Roman

[1] http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=388&prod_no=1526
[2] http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloadfile&dno=8850&type=manual