Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I've got a bit of a problem recently with (I think) k3b. Over the
> last couple of months *some* copies of CDs made in k3b using the Clone
> Copy feature do not reliably play in my car's CD player. I've tried

The clone copy mode of cdrecord is definitely worse for audio CDs than
using cdda2wav -vall cddb=0 -paranoia and writing using cdrecord.

It makes sense to be used for "other" type CDs with complex unknown strucure.

>    I'm wondering if there is a program that can verify the contents of
> each CD against each other, bit for bit, to identify whether this is a
> problem on all of my computers or whether it's something about my
> car's CD. The strange thing is that the original CDs play fine in the
> car. It's only the copies that sometimes don't, and it's only the
> copies of *some* CDs, not all CDs.

The car player may be dusty or broken (worn out laser).

You may try better quality blank media ;-)

To verify playability, you may call:

cdrecord -minfo

to check the media state

and "readcd -c2scan"