On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 18:45, Mike Kazantsev<mk.frag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:22:41 -0500
> Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "emerge --depclean" always wants to remove all but the most recent
>> version of gentoo-sources. I read the manpage and can't figure out how
>> to exclude this package. The manpage states:
>>
>> "Packages that are part of the world set will always be kept."
>>
>> However, if I have sys-kernel/gentoo-sources in world, it still wants
>> to remove all but the most recent version of that package, which I
>> think is the correct behavior... just not what I desire.
>
> It's kinda case of "italian strike" - doing the job to the letter ;)
>

>> So, my question: Is there a way to tell depclean to never remove *any*
>> version of gentoo-sources?
>
> That's where portage-2.2 sets find another use.
> Just add following set to /usr/share/portage/config/sets.conf:
>
>  [kernels]
>  class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
>  world-candidate = False
>  files = /usr/src

Hi,

did you read the first lines of this file ?

# WARNING: default set configuration, DO NOT CHANGE.
# If you want to change anything redefine the relevant section in
# /etc/portage/sets.conf. Any changes to this file will be lost on the next
# portage update, and configuration errors here might upset portage in
# unexpected ways.

Please make all the changes in /etc/portage/

regards,

Boris

--
42