Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> writes:

> I was thinking about NOT doing the emerge -u world part.  That would
> skip updating everything that has updates applied on your system.  Doing
> just a emerge -u procmail would only update procmail and the
> dependencies if any are needed.
>
> Keep in mind, you can upgrade packages as needed without updating the
> whole system.  I wouldn't recommend this long term tho.  Those upgrades
> can add up pretty quick and come back to bite you later.  Going longer
> than a month or two on a Gentoo system without a update is not
> recommended.

Sorry I failed to mention a world upgrade at this point involved 1
file, but I take your point.... still mine also holds.

Why keep banging on procmail when by looking up the newest ebuild
online I can see it is not any different... hence the bug will
remain.

I still say its handy to be able to look at the latest portage pkgs
when you feel the urge.   Nicer and less labor intensive than
upgrading anyghing really.