On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 18:46, Maxim Wexler<maxim.wex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/12/09, Daniel da Veiga <danieldave...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 16:45, Maxim Wexler<maxim.wex...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi group,
>>>
>>> Following the LVM2 gentoo doc I have in fstab:

>>> /dev/vg/tmp     /tmp     ext2   noatime  0 2
>>>
>>> But also(suggested by the eee forum):

>>> #shm    /dev/shm        tmpfs   nodev,nosuid,noexec     0 0
>>> tmpfs   /tmp    tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777      0 0
>>>
>>> Is this legal? Mounting two things at the same place?
>>>

>> AFAIK, no.
>> First off, what do you want to do? The EEE forum suggested mounting
>
> I want to create a useful, trouble-free genteee box.

You have only two choices, being an eee user myself, and having it
upgraded to 2GB RAM, I choose the tempfs filesystem for /tmp (RAM)
instead of keeping temporary files writen and deleted from my poor
SSD. If you have low RAM, you can decide to leave it on the SSD and
thus give more room for app data on RAM.

--
Daniel da Veiga