>> So for linux-2.6.30-gentoo-r1
>>
>> and in /usr/src/linux
>>  cat localverion1:
>>   _reader_
>>
>> Cat .version:
>>   1
>> And the symlink
>>  ls -l localversion2
>>  lrwxrwxrwx [...] Jun 12 18:01 localversion2 -> .version
>> I get this naming after a build:
>>
>>   vimlinuz-2.6.30-gentoo-r1_reader_
>>
>> No version gets appended.
>>
>> I understood it should have also append the numeric version and
>> increment it each time I build that kernel.
>>
>> Anyone see where I'm dorking this up?
>
> I only see two thing:
>
> Did you set both
>
> ()  Local version - append to kernel release

That one needs to be left blank right?  Else what ever you put there
will appear in kernel name and I'm using localversion files for that.

> [ ] Automatically append version information to the version string

This one is checked.

> In "General setup"?
>
> Second, you appear to have used a file called "localverion1" instead of
> "localversion1"
>
> Is that a real mistake, or just a typo in your mail?

Its a typo... I just checked to make sure though.. would have been nice if
a real missnaming was the problem.

ls -l  /usr/src/linux/localversion*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5 Jun 12 18:01 /usr/src/linux/localversion1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Jun 12 18:01 /usr/src/linux/localversion2 -> .version