On Mittwoch 17 Juni 2009, Jim Cunning wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 June 2009 14:07:01 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > please consider searching the email archives for this list in the future.
> > The phonon mess has been explained only a few days ago.
> >
> > as a kde user you want media-sound/phonon
> > all you need to know:
> > http://ben.liveforge.org/2009/06/03/preventing-the-qt-phonon-vs-phonon-bl
> >oc k
>
> Looking through http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user didn't give me any
> more information than I already had, namely the problem with kde 3.5.9 vs
> 3.5.10 blocking issues, and monolithic vs -meta ebuilds.
>
> I  didn't know about the phonon issues, and going back to the archive, I
> still didn't see any reference to it.
>
> Sorry to have offended you.

you didn't 'offend' me. It is a simple fact that you can save yourself a lot
of time and keep frustration away searching the archives.

I just let kmail search for 'phonon' which gave me as a result the 'strange
world' thread where someone had the same problem: phonon blocks.
It really had advantages to keep all the mails local ;)
But even then - your google-fu seems lacking ;)