Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hi,

I have been using net-misc/nxserver-freeedition / nxclient for quite
some time and it was working great (over an DSL line)

But, some time ago, all of a sudden, it stopped working (some task died)

Can anybody give me some recommendations on

- HowTos
- use nxserver-freeedition or nxserver-freenx
- how to "clean" my system from any hangover of the
  old, non-working version

Many thanks for sharing your experience,
Helmut.

Here is what I did;
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-728963-highlight-.html

That was a while ago so check the elog for any new details. The only problem I ran across was that after an update I had to rerun;
nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge
I do not remember doing that lately so it may have changed.
-david