In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:

> --rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ
>
> Gregory Shearman <zek...@gmail.com> said:
>> In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
>> > he will over time. If you switch default compiler emerge -s world has t=
> o be=20
>> > done.
>> >
>> > But seriously, why staying with 4.1? it's old... and 4.3 was a nice rel=
> ease...
>>=20
>> Well, for me, media-plugins/mytharchive won't compile with gcc 4.3.
>> Hopefully things will change with the next mythtv release.
>
> Please file a bug so we actually know about the problem and can fix it
>:)
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/

Have a look at this:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/240379

It describes how mytharchive-0.21_p17948 requires an earlier version of
mjpegtools (1.80) than the portage 1.90 version. mjpegtools-1.80 won't
compile on gcc-4.3.

Perhaps I didn't make myself completely clear when I said that
mytharchive won't compile using gcc 4.3. It's mjpegtools 1.80 (required by
mytharchive) that won't compile using gcc 4.3.

--
Regards,

Gregory.